How to place an order
Have you decided to commission me an order? Thanks, I’m really honored. Here are the steps you will need to follow to proceed with the request.
- Contact me by contact form or send me an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send me one (or more) photo of your pet in high resolution. The quality of the photo will be the essential point for the final drawing to come alive. A photo taken in daylight but not in direct sunlight is absolutely preferable, but we can evaluate together. A close-up photo are those where the details are most marked;
- If the animal is your, it would be excellent to know the name and have some knowledge of its character: describing its temperament will help me give it the right soul;
- Once we have decided on the ideal photo together, we will choose together the background color that best suits the subject and that does not clash with the walls of your houses, where the painting will hang. In the event that the commission was a gift for a friend or someone special for you, we will choose a neutral background together;
- You can decide whether to assist the development of the drawing step by step, in case it could be published on social media, or privately, if you prefer. Alternatively, you can decide to wait to receive it to enjoy the final surprise, and be able to get excited in front of your new work of art full of love;
- The painting shows a numbering and is accompanied by an authentication (a document certifying the authenticity of the work);
- At the time of order confirmation, a deposit of 50% and the remaining 50% is required before shipment of the painting;
- The painting will be shipped with adequate packaging to protect the work with tracking number international shipping. The cost of shipping which is charged to the customer, depends on the measurements of the chosen framework (see table below). If your country requires customs duties or extra costs, you will pay the costs;
- Passepartout and frame are not included in the price;
- You are not buying a painting, but a great emotion: when you receive the package, please open it carefully and do not be moved over the painting to prevent tears from ruining the work done!
How I work
My work starts from the moment I am contacted. My task is to choose with you the best photo that combines your tastes and the final effect that the picture will have. I like to choose the color of the background, based on the color and the thousands of nuances that an animal has on its hair, and on its details (where I love to dwell, because DETAIL is what makes the real difference between a good copy of a photography and a painting depicting the animal and its vitality) but I understand that for personal needs, such as a certain color furniture, and a particular home style, the background may be more suitable if of a different color. That’s why we will choose it together.
After choosing the correct photo, I will then pencil the subject on a Clairefontaine pastelmat board, a top-of-the-range reinforced card, with a velvety drafting, of the highest quality that will allow me to make your subject as realistic as possible, in all its fur.
Every single hair is important to me. My passion is to cuddle every square cm of the work I’m creating, because I already feel it mine, because through the pencil stroke I seem to know and feel your animal, that’s why you won’t have your drawing in a couple of days. Give me time to take care of all the necessary details. Every single detail, for me, is life!
The tools I use are pastels and pencils of the best brands on the market: I spared no expense when I purchased my tools, because when the painting is finished, thanks to these top quality tools you will be sure that the color will remain bright over the years , even if exposed to the sun or light. Your painting will always remain perfect, over time and will not lose its brilliance.
Warnings and Careful
Your painting will be wrapped and packaged with the best care so that it will be delivered in perfect condition.
I do not apply any fixative on the painting, for this reason it is very important not to touch the colored part with your fingers, but you must handle it with care, to avoid being damaged.
For this reason, I strongly recommend applying a passepartout of a certain thickness, which collects any residues of micro pigments that could naturally move over time.
This means that it is absolutely not recommended to frame the painting with glass in direct contact with the work.
Why don’t I use a fixative? Because the risk of the chemical fixative altering the brightness, contrast and saturation of the colors is very high, and when I finish a painting with my colors I do not want them to change.
Each painting is numbered, and therefore one of a kind, will never be repeated, and will be the one and only original present. You will receive together with the package an envelope with an authentic, a document signed by the artist, which certifies that the work was done by myself and certifies the guarantee of truthfulness.
Go to the prices page: Prices